Youth Work offers a satisfying career working with young people. There is a great variety in the types of youth work that can be done with young people:
- Adventure Sports - works as an Adventure Sports Officer. Promote healthy lifestyles for young people. Develop confidence and self reliance in young people. Promote environmental awareness.
- Garda Youth Diversion Programmes - work with young people who are 'at risk' of becoming involved with or who are currently involved with Criminal Justice Agencies.
- Drug Education and Prevention - help prevent young people becoming involved in substance use and work with young people on issues related to substance use.
- Youth Development Officer - deliver youth programmes, training and services to youth groups.
- Occasionally, in youth agencies,vacancies become available in non- youth work positions such as Finance, IT and HR. These positions are generally advertised in the national press and on youth work websites.
You can download job descriptions here as well the job application form.Click on the links below.
CYC Job Application Form (download this form as a Word Doc)
CYC Job Application Form (download form as a pdf)
Adventure Sports Officer
Youth Development Officer.